You may have had plumbing completed recently, and noticed you were charged for a Queensland Building & Construction Commission (QBCC) Form 4.
Due to new plumbing laws, that came into effect on 1 July 2019, most plumbing jobs will require notifiable works to be submitted to the QBCC. When a plumber performs notifiable work, they must submit a Form 4. Notifiable work is a category of plumbing and drainage work which allows a plumber to perform the work without a local government.
What work is excluded from notifiable work?
- Installing an appliance or fixture in a building that is connected to a combined sanitary drain or a dual reticulated water supply.
- Work for, or connected to trade waste.
- Work that uses a performance solution.
Schedule of Notifiable Works
- Extending Supply Pipes
- Fire Services
- Hot Water Units/Temperature Control Devices
- Existing Sanitary Plumbing/Drainage
- Backflow Prevention Devices
- Greywater treatment plants
- Installing or relocating a fixture
- Sealing Supply Pipes
Once the plumbing job has been completed, we then submit the Form 4, pay the fee and it’s then lodged on file. The QBCC will then send out a copy to the customer. These laws are for all of Queensland so it doesn’t matter whether you live
For further information on Form 4’s or the QBCC go to www.qbcc.qld.gov.au
Call professional plumbers at Bond Plumbing QLD if you have any questions 07 5573 5253. We cover all suburbs on the Gold Coast including Coomera to Burleigh, Logan area and more.